- Wayne Williams
Last month i did my first catwalk in Newmarket for 'Cartwalk on the street'! i thought i would share some photos from the day...
The secrets of modelling:
1. Models do eat and i missed out on one of the sandwiches for lunch...
2. No matter how comfy your shoes are, everyone still manages to get blisters.
3. Perks? got to keep my $120 pair of forever new shoes i wore on the day
4. Despite my 'model bootcamp' (i know you can laugh..), the moment i was on the catwalk i forgot everything id been taught and was just praying i wouldn't fall.
5. do you know how annoying it is when the music changes halfway through your walk?
6. Biggest challenge? walking down the steps off the catwalk, over the coble stone path in heels, then over all the wires that connected to the speakers and then down the hill into backstage, all while still trying to look like a model because the catwalk was on the street and everyone could still see you.
7. Many girls didn't take their heels off all day just because they were taped onto their feet because they kept slipping when they walked.
8. Hair alone took an hour, our call time was 7:30 in the morning.
9. Make-up didnt take quite as long but they kept changing their minds on the lip colour so it changed every show.
My outfit was completely Forever New like all the contestants for The Next Face of Newmarket. I personally think its a great winter look, and i can confirm that the vest was super warm... but that wasnt really a good thing when your standing around backstage.